Saturday, August 23, 2014

What happened to this guy’s face?

Cung Le suffers gruesome eye injury against Michael Bisping during UFC Fight Night 48
Michael Bisping (R) of England punches Cung Le of USA
during their 5-Round middleweight fight during the UFC Fight Night in China

OUCH.

Some rather painful things happened to UFC fighter Cung Le’s face overnight. Le took on Englishman Michael Bisping in the main event of UFC Fight Night 48, and he was beaten badly.

Le, a 42-year-old fighter who was born in Vietnam, managed to be competitive for most of the first round, before Bisping landed a telling jab on his eye socket. It hurt.

The underdog protested to the referee, claiming he’d been poked, but it was a clean hit. For two more rounds, he struggled to see through his injured eye, as Bisping added a huge cut on the other side of his face for good measure.

By the time the fight was stopped 57 seconds into the fourth round, Le was a mess, and Bisping was feeling very cocky.

“This is what I’m capable of, and I’m capable of better,” Bisping said. “I want the title. There’s an idiot named Luke Rockhold who doesn’t stop talking about me. I think he’s got the hots for me to be honest. I’m going to beat Rockhold and then I’m taking the title.”

The Englishman clearly reckons he’s on the way up. Meanwhile, Le’s future career prospects are looking worse than his face.
Michael Bisping and Cung Le - UFC Fight Night - August 20, 2014 in Hong Kong!


No comments:

Post a Comment